- There is no such thing as an ordinary life.
- Songs are more than songs–they are the great human connectors of our time.
- Songs transcend all manner of boundaries. They speak a universal language.
- Songs heal. They are pieces of the soul reaching through eternity, to heal the heart.
- Resonance is my/our deepest desire.
- An emotionally-true song resonates to the core, to the central, innermost, or most essential part of us.
- Emotional truth is not about the facts. It is about being genuine, authentic, and vulnerable.
- At our center, we are the same. Songs are conduits for compassion and empathy, a road map into a stranger’s heart, which upon inspection – mirrors our own heart.
- A three-and-a-half minute song can temporarily bring us us to a place that does not yet exist here on earth, a place where we are safe, connected, and of one heart.
- At their best, songs breathe life into a precious idea: that we are not alone, that other people have felt and feel the way we do, and that all of humanity is made of the same mysterious, electrical, spirit infused stardust. And songs are the people’s instrument of choice- to express the wonder of it all.
~ Mary Gauthier, singer-songwriter, via her on-line journal at MaryGauthier.com
One thought on ““We Are Not Alone (Lessons From 2014)” by Mary Gauthier”
“songs- they are the great human connectors of our time.” Absolutely!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Comments are closed.